Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LA Fashion Weak-end



Quick, name one designer from LA Fashion Weekend? Exactly my point!

LA Fashion Weekend is one of the biggest jokes going.

It's completely fucking random.

A bunch of no name designers, hosting a bunch of no name shows, with a bunch of C list promoters hosting their after parties at C list nightclubs in Hollywood.

The funniest part is that its not even a full week. It's a fucking weekend? Let me guess, the people who came up with "LA Fashion Weekend" probably graduated from, or are currently attending FIDM???

Why don't they just hosting these events in Burbank or Orange County?

That way, all the soccer moms, teenagers who like to hangout at the malls can make it to all the shows and upload pictures to their Facebook wall with captions like, "I'm sitting in the front row at the Ed Hardy show, I'm VIP. I got my nails done, hair done, everything did. Oh yeah, I'm fancy huh".

I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

LA is not New York, Paris, London, or even Miami when it comes to fashion week.

Fashion in LA is: tight jeans, t'shirts, button down shirts with skulls & crosses with rhinestones on them (for men). Along with Forever 21's finest & BCBG for ladies.

P.s.,

Shopping on Melrose is not couture folks; because that's were most of these designer's clothes end up being sold anyway.

This will be my last post, until my next post.

3 comments:

  1. Huh... sounds like LA Fashion Week is running parallel unfortunately.
    Everyone's "VIP", clothes are half ass, after parties are douche central with half naked girls posing for Facebook pictures. Lamesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been really great going through your blog post, very well informed and described. Great to read and know more about such kind of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, good post. I have been thinking about this issue, so thanks for sharing. I will definitely be coming back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete