Saturday, March 19, 2011

Groupon + Voyeur = Sh*t Show



Whoa!!!

I mean, just when I thought I've truly seen it all, along comes something that stop and makes you think.

Is Bottle Service over and done with?

I'm guessing the answer is YES.

When one of the more (so-called) exclusive venues in the Hollywood/West Hollywood, has to resort to Groupon, Living Social or even Craig's List in order to get you to come in and purchase bottle service; then my friends, it truly is time to think about completely doing away with Bottle Service.

Can you believe the Bottle Service offer West Hollywood nightlife venue Voyeur, currently has running right now on Groupon?(Click on the venue photo above to see for yourself)

I'm guessing times are hard, real hard from the looks of it. However if you're still doing bottle service at this stage of the game, then please take advantage of this amazing offer....and be sure to tell all your friends in the San Fernando Valley about it as well.

Bottle Service has to be coming to an end in Hollywood.

If you base your entire revenue model on hiring 12 promoters a night, issuing them all two free bottles at a table each (to quote/unquote "create energy"), then everyone that they invited are basically drinking for free...which in turn means that you as a business owner aren't making any money because you have to pay the promoters their percentages, for bringing in people who just spent no money at all.

Which then means you need two or three big whales to come in and drop a lot of money on a table, to help financially support your night and cover your operational cost.

I did not attend Harvard Business School, but I do know that model cannot keep your business running smoothly over a long period of time.

And you wonder why these places close down every six months.

Oh well. Its not my money, and I don't party with the tourist any way.

This will be my last post, until my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment